While the crypto markets have been about as exciting as a government press release, there’s been a lot happening elsewhere in the blockchain and tech space that hasn’t seen as much coverage. From space-catapult startups, IoT smart cities, clowns fooling code and countries launching cryptos, we’ve found plenty of talking points to counter the FUD.
We discuss the mass crypto adoption occurring in the developing world, the Auctus ICO, and several start-ups in the space exploration sector that may be worth a look to diversify your portfolio. Our Privacy and Security segment is back highlighting malware and operating systems, and we discuss liability for code.
Finally, Dan Dan the ICO Man joins us to spruik his latest product, Ultimate Pump, and Jordan Cronje checks in with a phone message.
New to crypto or looking for somewhere to send your mates? Visit https://fomo.show/101
Visit us at:
- Report Claims 34,000 Ethereum Smart Contracts Are Vulnerable to Bugs
- Nokia Launches Blockchain Powered IoT Sensing Service
- Microsoft Launch Decentralised Identification System
- Microsoft Blog Post
- Google trains AI to write Wikipedia articles
- Venezuela launch their Petro crypto. Russia, Iran and Turkey also discussing coins
- Turkey specific document
- CFTC Offers $100,000 Bounty to Crypto Pump-and-Dump Whistleblowers
- Mobile Cryptocurrency is BOOMING wherever Bank Accounts Aren’t
- Future Trojans Could Control Neural Networks
- SpaceX tries catching the $6m nose cone with a big net strapped to a boat
- Space Catapult Startup SpinLaunch raising $30m
- Space Tech Startup Map
- Liability Article for AI
- Auctus Venturebeat Article
- The Complete Privacy and Security Podcast
00:00 Take the Red Pill and Stay in FOMO Land
00:43 Intro, Disclaimers, Updates
04:02 News: 34,000 ETH Smart Contracts Vulnerable to Bugs
07:39 News: Nokia targets Blockchain Smart Cities
10:39 News: Microsoft working on decentralised ID
14:18 News: Google Training AI to Write Wikipedia Articles
15:27 News: Turkey, Russia look to launch their own cryptos
19:19 News: Africa and Developing World Adopting Crypto via Mobile Phones
25:45 Discussion: Vulnerabilities in Neural Networks
30:51 Dan Dan the ICO Man: Ultimate Dump+
36:11 Special Space Update
41:49 Privacy and Security: Malware and Operating Systems
49:14 Discussion: Who is liable when code causes harm?
61:08 Jordan Cronje’s Voicemail
63:22 Tool Update: OnChainFX
66:29 Crypto of the Week: Auctus
71:22 Wrap Up
NOTE: Nothing, either in these show notes or in any FOMO Show podcast, written or verbal, express or implied, should be construed as financial or legal advice. Always perform your due diligence, research projects thoroughly and make sure you hold your private keys securely. Before investing in any project, always seek independent financial and legal advice. And remember – No FOMO.