We’re never ones to shy away from the big questions, and this week we tackle of the biggest facing blockchain – how on earth do we scale this? It’s well known that most blockchain systems don’t handle volume well, and those that do often make other trade-offs that may be less than ideal. Thankfully, there are several potential solutions on the way, so we dig into Lightning Network, Sharding, Block Increases, Parallel Execution, Delegated Proof of Stake, Off-chain Execution and DAGs. Yes, that sounded daunting to us too – but we do our best to explain it all!
Development is picking up on EOS as they ramp up to an early June release, so we also give a big update on everything you need to know there (remember to register those tokens!) We also cover a bucket of news, including the special crypto-economic zone in the Philippines, a hack on MyEtherWallet and Intel’s drug tracking blockchain. To top it all off, we review the Yahoo Crypto Screener, which is surprisingly good.
Oh, and Dan Dan the ICO Man comes out of self-imposed exile to shill his latest ‘innovation’ – The Ultimate ICO Success Formula. Just another episode of the FOMO Show ladies and gentlemen!
Visit us at:
01:31 What’ve we been up to?
04:38 Move to Telegram
06:14 Blockchain Basics
06:48 Shout Outs
06:57 Darren’s EOS Australia Telegram Group
07:33 Be a part of the show
07:54 Goldman Sachs to Start Crypto Trading Deskl
08:21 Peter Thiel Invests in Block Trading Startup
09:56 ISO Blocks NSA-Developed Encryption Systems
12:40 Hotel Door Locks Worldwide Found Vulnerable
13:49 Philippines Creates Special Cagayan Economic Zone for Blockchain Businesses
17:26 Binance Introduces “Sweep Cryptodust to BNB” feature
19:23 $150k in Tokens Stolen from MyEtherWallet Users in DNS Hijack Scam
21:51 Telegram Cancel Public ICO for “Gram”
24:12 ING Bank Innovating with Zero Knowledge Range Proofs
26:31 Venezuela Offer India 30% Discount on Oil Paid with Petro Cryptocurrency
27:17 Intel Pair Up With Johnson & Johnson to Track Pharmaceutical Drugs Across the Supply Chain
31:48 EEA Release Enterprise Ethereum Architecture Stack
33:15 Cool Tool: Yahoo Cryptocurrency Screener
37:41 EOS Update
51:59 PSA:PIVX Update
52:28 Feature: How Do We Scale This?
53:30 Ethereum Scaling
1:01:24 Bitcoin Scaling
1:09:10 Bitcoin Cash Scaling
1:09:27 EOS Scaling
1:12:18 NEM Scaling
1:14:30 Clip: D’ya like DAGS? From the movie Snatch
1:22:10 WitNet – a Trust System for Oracles
1:25:15 Bridging Blockchain and the Web
1:29:44 Dan Dan the ICO Man
1:37:03 Share the show?
- EOS Australia Dev Group
- Goldman to start crypto trading “Within Weeks”
- Billionaire Peter Thiel (of PayPal, Facebook and Palantir) invests in a startup to optimise block trading
- ISO Blocks Two New Encryption Systems developed by the NSA for IOT devices
- Millions of Hotel Door Locks Worldwide Were Vulnerable to Master Key Hack
- Philippines creates special economic zone for cryptocurrency operators
- Binance exchange lets you sweep your dust into their native BNB tokens
- 150k Stolen from MEW Users in DNS Hijack
- Telegram cancels ICO
- Banking Giant ING Becoming Serious Blockchain Innovator
- Venezuelan offers India 30% discount on oil if they pay with Petro
- Intel Pairs Up With Johnson & Johnson to track drugs across the supply chain
- EEA Publicly releases Enterprise Ethereum Architecture stack
- Cool Tool: Yahoo Crypto Screener
- Episode 2 – Our First EOS Coverage (when it was $0.62)
- Register your EOS Tokens Before June!
- Are We Decentralised Yet?
- EOS Developer Telegram Group
- EOSIO Dawn 4.0 Update Post
- Vitalik Buterin on Sharding
- What is the Ethereum Ice Age?
- Micropayment Channels
- WitNet: Trust System for Oracles
- Embark Release Notes
- Embark Announcement Post
NOTE: Nothing, either in these show notes or in any FOMO Show podcast, written or verbal, express or implied, should be construed as financial, legal, tax or any other type of advice. Especially the views of Dan Dan the ICO Man, Jordan Cronje or any other ‘guest’. Always perform your due diligence, research projects thoroughly and make sure you hold your private keys securely. Before investing in any project, always seek independent financial and legal advice. And remember – No FOMO.