Episode 17 • ⚡ NEM, IOTA Charging Stations and A New Start in Liberland
After the massive scope of last episode on enterprise blockchain, we dig down a little deeper on NEM – the New Economy Movement platform. Between smart assets, private blockchains, easy interactions and high scalability, NEM continues to surprise us with just how practical and user-friendly the platform is. If you’re looking for a ‘dark horse’ that may give some of the more well-known platforms a run for their money, this may well be the one.
As usual, there’s also a bunch of exciting developments to discuss, including Huawei and Amazon integrating blockchain, LG’s Smart Sofa, a new DAO platform competitor and an actual working implementation of the IOTA tangle! We also cover search engine alternatives in our regular Privacy and Security segment and look at an innovation out of the UK which may completely revolutionise farming.
Finally, we check back in with Jordan Cronje, who is trying to start a new life in the libertarian ‘paradise’ of Liberland.
Remember – if you’re looking for a place to chat about the kinds of things we discuss on the show, head on over to our Slack channel.
Visit us at:
- Kieran’s Website – Blockchain Education
- Japan could have more than 3 MILLION crypto traders
- Boeing HorizonX invests another £26.5m in Reaction Engines
- LG & Italian furniture-maker partner to build smart sofa
- India Kicks Off World’s Largest Government Funded Healthcare System + Fibre Update from India
- Sputnik piece on India
- Coinbase buys Earn.com, one of crypto’s “best funded startups”
- Huawei Announces Hyperledger-Powered Blockchain Service Platform
- Huawei’s page
- Amazon Web Services Releases frameworks for Ethereum and Hyperledger Fabric
- IOTA integrates into electric vehicle charging stations
- DAOstack – New Decentralised Autonomous Organisations Platform
- Matan Field (CEO and architect of DAOstack) demos the MVP of the Alchemy interface in action (Youtube)
- Scientists build robots which can HARVEST crops
- NEM – New Economy Movement
- NEM Catapult Documentation
- In-depth guide to NEM – Reddit
- DuckDuckGo – Google Alternative
00:00 It’s the FOMO Vibe
01:56 Updates and Disclaimer
05:48 Blockchain Basics and Thanks for Joining!
06:57 News: Japan’s Crypto Adoption
08:16 News: Sabre from Reaction Engines
10:01 News: LG’s Smart Sofa
10:32 News: India’s Healthcare Program
13:46 News: Earn.com Purchased by Coinbase
15:26 News: Huawei’s Hyperledger Service Platform
18:24 News: Amazon Web Service with Frameworks for Hyperledger, Ethereum
21:59 News: IOTA is Working!
25:54 News: DAOStack
30:28 Excitement: Scientists in UK Build Robot to Harvest Crops
41:50 Jordan Cronje Starts Over in Liberland
47:33 Platform of the Week: NEM
71:08 Privacy and Security: Search Engines
77:05 Wrap Up
78:22 Outtakes and Banter
NOTE: Nothing, either in these show notes or in any FOMO Show podcast, written or verbal, express or implied, should be construed as financial, legal, tax or any other type of advice. Always perform your due diligence, research projects thoroughly and make sure you hold your private keys securely. Before investing in any project, always seek independent financial and legal advice. And remember – No FOMO.