Episode 25 • 🏙️ Harpoons, Shredders & Today’s Smart City Tech
This episode, we’re asking: what smart city tech is available today and where might it be going?
Alongside that, we’re covering the latest news, including the rise of censorship, Tesla’s Shanghai factory and Facebook’s potential move into cryptocurrency.
We’re also joined by regular FOMO show guest and former shopping channel host Dan Dan the ICO man as he delivers his boldest ICO product yet…
Smart City Tech Companies:
We’ve linked to the smart cities page for each of the top 15 companies in the Smart Cities Index by Compass Intelligence.
- General Electric
- Amazon (AWS)
- Google (Sidewalk Labs)
- Dell (Note: PDF)
- Schneider Electric
- SAFEWORDS by Coinstorage Guru (enter FOMO at checkout for 10% off)
- Crypto Clothesline Podcast
- Blockchain the Fastest Growing Skill in US Freelance Job Market
- Ethereum Proof-of-Authority on Azure
- Censorship: InfoWars Blacklisted
- Bangladesh “Accidentally” Cuts of Internet During Sweeping Protests
- Tesla to build (Gigafactory?) car plant in Shanghai
- Tesla says 99% of the US population is now within 150 miles of a Supercharger
- US DEA: Criminal Activity in Cryptocurrency Has Dropped 80 Percent Since 2013
- What’s going on with Facebook and Cryptocurrency?
- Google’s New ‘Cameos’ App Lets Celebs Answer Questions from Search Results
- Gary Vaynerchuk says bartering is something he sees growing
- The World’s Largest Aircraft Will Have Luxurious Bedrooms and Glass Floors
- Cool Tool: Crypto Panic
- Smart Cities Index: Top 15 Smart Cities Companies
- Civic Ledger:
- Free Market Token
- Barcelona: Turning the data paradigm on its head, putting citizens in control
- Join us on Telegram
0:00 Malcolm Turnbull (Australian PM) Introduces the show
0:24 A welcome from your hosts
0:59 What are we talking about this episode?
1:21 SAFEWORDS by Coinstorage Guru
2:37 Be part of the show – send us a voice message!
2:46 What’ve we been up to?
5:03 Disclaimer: This ain’t advice, pal
5:34 Blockchain Basics: Check out Episode 2 to Episode 8
6:23 Blockchain Tops Upwork’s “Fastest Growing Skills” Index
7:44 Microsoft Announce Proof-of-Authority Consensus Algorithm
9:49 Censorship – Infowars and Bangladesh
17:59 Tesla to Build Auto Factory in Shanghai
18:53 Tesla: 99% of the US Population is Within 150 Mile of a Supercharger Station
19:45 US DEA: Criminal Activity in Cryptocurrency has Dropped 80% Since 2013
19:59 Facebook Cryptocurrency Update
22:37 Google Launching “Cameos” App for Celebrities
23:34 Gary Vaynerchuk: The Barter Economy Will Grow
25:52 The World’s Largest Aircraft Will Have Luxurious Bedrooms & Glass Floors
27:59 Join our Telegram chat!
28:09 Cool Tool: Crypto Panic
30:03 Feature: Smart City Tech
30:05 Smart City Tech – Introduction
32:31 Networking and Smart Grids
34:20 AI Driven Surveillance
36:54 Parking Optimisation & Transportation Management
41:54 Smart LED Lighting
42.26 Environment, Infrastructure & Water Monitoring
45:33 Public Information Kiosks
45:57 Are AR Tours the Future?
49:57 Barcelona: Taking the Smart City Back
57:03 Privacy & Security: Shredders
1:00:39 Dan Dan the ICO Man: ICO Everything
1:08:32 Jordan Cronje Leaves a Voicemail
1:10:15 Wrap Up
NOTE: Nothing, either in these show notes or in any FOMO Show podcast, written or verbal, express or implied, should be construed as financial, legal, tax or any other type of advice. Always perform your due diligence, research projects thoroughly and make sure you hold your private keys securely. Before investing in any project, always seek independent financial and legal advice. And remember – No FOMO.