This week we have the privilege of interviewing Craig Ritchie from Hash Rush, a multiplayer, Real-Time Strategy game which is using blockchain technology to provide real utility to players. This isn’t only for in-game ‘money’ either – all items within the game will be ‘smart assets’ on the blockchain, meaning players can prove ownership and trade these collectables between each other. They’ve also got some unique ways in which mining farms will be injecting further value into the game economy. Listen in for more.
The fun doesn’t stop there however – we take a wide selection of news this week and drill down into some of the deeper issues behind them. From robotic boats through to the self-professed blockchain ‘backbone’ of Australia, we have some..robust discussion about the state of the blockchain and emergent technology space at this point in time.
Finally, we check in with Jordan, who may have stumbled upon one of the best-kept secrets of our time…
PS: Stick around after the wrap up this week especially – we’ve included some interesting discussions that didn’t really fit within the normal show, but we still wanted to share with you!
Visit us at:
- Check out Amber – an easy crypto savings app
- Hash Rush Website
- Hash Rush Beta
- Survey: Nearly 80% of Americans Have Heard of Bitcoin
- Coinbase study: Almost 20% of students own crypto
- Vitalik Buterin: Crypto, Blockchain Space Won’t See ‘1,000-Times Growth’ Again
- Software developers are now more valuable to companies than money
- Zero to One
- Masters of Scale
- Fintech investments reach all-time high in Q2 2018
- Binance Profits Rival Nasdaq But With Only 4% of the Staff
- Australian Gov’t Partners With IBM and Legal Experts to Build Smart Contracts Platform
- IBM Introduces Cross-Border InstitutionAL Blockchain Payments Powered by Stellar
- Do we call it a RoBoat? First autonomous sailboat successfully crosses the Atlantic Ocean
- Elon Musk / Joe Rogan Interview
- Japanese Real Estate Firm Announces Encouraging Results in Bitcoin and Smart Contract Trials
02:15 What have we been up to?
08:45 Blockchain Basics
09:31 News: Bitcoin Surveys
14:53 News: Vitalik Buterin
17:47 News: Software develops more valuable than capital?
24:42 News: Fintech Investments Have Reached an All-time High
25:17 News: Binance Profits Rival NASDAQ
26:59 News: Australian Government Smart Contract Platform?
31:35 News: First Autonomous Sailboat Successfully Crosses Atlantic Ocean
34:33 Elon Musk & Joe Rogan Recap
37:58 Interview with Hash Rush
75:36 Jordan Cronje and Murdoch’s Spin Machine
82:24 Wrap Up
83:25 Outtakes and Bonus Content