This week we’re checking back in with some of the decentralised applications we’ve covered in the last year to see how they’ve been progressing.
From Aragon‘s decentralised autonomous organisations through to Decentraland, the blockchain virtual world and Everipedia, the blockchain’s answer to Wikipedia.
Before we get to that we cover a bunch of the fortnight’s biggest news, including Fidelity’s crypto platform, Tesla’s China land grab and Google’s crazy new call screening feature.
- Join us on Telegram!
- $194 Million was Moved Using Bitcoin With $0.1 Fee
- Fidelity Is Launching a Crypto Trading Platform
- Billionaire Mike Novogratz’ Crypto Fund is Fidelity’s First Custodian Client
- Sidechains Are Bringing ICOs to Bitcoin And That Might Change Crypto Funding
- Security firm G4S Has Launched a Crypto Custody Service
- Europe’s Largest Port To Track Shipping Containers With Samsung’s Blockchain Tech
- Google Announced a new call screening feature
- Google open-sources ActiveQA, an AI agent that learns to ask good questions
- DuckDuckGo Traffic Up 50% from Last Year, Hits New Record of 30M Daily Searches
- Duckduck Alternative — StartPage:
- Tesla is bidding on a $145 million piece of land for much-needed Gigafactory 3 in China
- Elon Musk: Rapid-transit test tunnel under LA opens to public Dec. 10
- Russian Scientists Discover Bacteria That Neutralizes Nuclear Waste
- Aragon Survey Functionality
- Aragon Audit
- Aragon: The Personal DAO
- Aragon Blog
- Brave Browser
- Brave Rewards
- Brave’s Civic Partnership
- Civic Libre
- Introducing 0x Protocol v2
- Gods Unchained: 1 Million Cards Sold
- Settlers of Catan Meets Blockchain Console
- Decentraland Marketplace
- Decentraland Estates
- Decentraland + CryptoCarz
- Decentraland + CryptoBeasties
- HTTPS Everywhere for Mozilla | Chrome
- uBlock Origin for Mozilla | Chrome
- Privacy Badger for Mozilla | Chrome
- Noscript for Mozilla
0:00 Intro: Federal Reserve Bank Notes
0:47 Welcome! Here’s What We’ll Be Talking About
1:48 What Have We Been Up To?
4:31 Blockchain Basics
4:46 $194 Million Transaction Cost 10 CENTS with Bitcoin
5:44 Fidelity’s Crypto Trading Platform
8:26 ICOs on…Bitcoin?
11:09 G4S Launches Crypto Custody Service in the UK
12:51 Europe’s Largest Port To Track Shipping Containers With Samsung’s Blockchain Tech
16:42 Google’s Pixel 3 Call Screener Tech
18:22 Google Open-Sources ActiveQA, an AI Agent
19:33 DuckDuckGo Privacy Search Engine Traffic Record
20:52 Tesla China Gigafactory Land?
22:15 Elon Musk: Rapid-Transit Test Tunnel under LA Opens to Public Dec 2018
24:37 Russian Scientists Discover Bacteria That Neutralizes Nuclear Waste
26:44 Join us on Telegram!
26:54 Feature: Checking in on Decentralised Projects
27:53 Aragon – a Platform for Decentralised Organisations
36:31 Everipedia – a Decentralised Encyclopedia
39:42 Brave Browser & Basic Attention Token
44:40 Civic – Decentralised Identity
47:10 0x – Decentralised Exchange Protocol
54:59 Decentraland – Decentralised Virtual World
1:02:46 Cointext – Send Bitcoin Cash by SMS
1:06:05 Gambling dApps on EOS
1:08:40 dApps – Summary
1:10:48 Privacy & Security – Your Browser
1:16:46 Wrap Up – Thanks for Joining Us!
NOTE: Nothing, either in these show notes or in any FOMO Show podcast, written or verbal, express or implied, should be construed as financial, legal, tax or any other type of advice. Always perform your due diligence, research projects thoroughly and make sure you hold your private keys securely. Before investing in any project, always seek independent financial and legal advice. And remember – No FOMO.