This episode we dive into the magic behind the Bitcoin network – mining. Using a great article from Coinshares as our inspiration, we discuss how price, hash rates and Bitcoin mining network dynamics all fit in together, and look at how the price fluctuations in Bitcoin have a direct effect on the mining power of the network.
Along the way, we touch on all sorts of news from the wild and wacky world of emergent tech, including a Swiss cryptocurrency index fund, a working atmospheric ion drive, the UAE’s latest blockchain move and Edward Snowden’s views on Bitcoin.
In our Privacy and Security segment, we chat about Joe’s recent experience witnessing a live ‘penetration test’ at his workplace, where employees hacked a client’s system (with their permission, of course) to discover all the vulnerabilities. He shares some fascinating (and worrying) insights into just how easy it is to break into someone’s PC or network.
- UAE Government to Strengthen Global Position in AI, Blockchain Technologies
- IMF Says Governments Could Set Up Their Own Cryptocurrencies
- In This Country, Your Cryptocurrency Must Go Through Your Bank
- Asus Allows Gamers to Mine Crypto With Their Idle Graphics Cards
- Amazon Gets into the Blockchain with Quantum Ledger Database & Managed Blockchain
- Microsoft Introduce the Azure Blockchain Development Kit
- Ohio becomes the first state to accept bitcoin for tax payments
- Coinbase Launches OTC Trading for Institutional Investors
- Crypto Catch Up on YouTube
- Bitcoin Won’t Last, But Crypto is Here to Stay: Edward Snowden
- Switzerland Green Lights World’s First Crypto ETP to be Listed Next Week
- Blockstream Launches Simplicity – Smart Contracts Language
- AI Mistakes Ad On a Bus For an Actual CEO
- An Airplane With No Moving Parts
- Better Bandage Promotes Powerful Healing
- Explanation of Price, Hashrate & Bitcoin Mining Network Dynamics
- Bonus: Jordan Peterson on the Joe Rogan Show
0:00 John Lennon Introduces the Show
0:36 Welcome! Here’s What We’re Covering This Episode
1:45 What’ve We Been Up To?
4:33 Crypto Basics – Check Out EP2 → EP8
5:29 UAE Government to Strengthen Global Position in AI, Blockchain Technologies
7:09 IMF Says Governments Could Set Up Their Own Cryptocurrencies
8:43 In Malaysia, Your Cryptocurrency Must Go Through Your Bank
9:36 Asus Allows Gamers to Mine Crypto With Their Idle Graphics Cards
10:55 Amazon Gets into the Blockchain with Quantum Ledger Database & Managed Blockchain
13:20 Microsoft Introduce the Azure Blockchain Development Kit
14:43 Ohio becomes the first state to accept bitcoin for tax payments
15:22 Coinbase Launches OTC Trading for Institutional Investors
16:09 Ben from Crypto Catch Up
16:35 Bitcoin Won’t Last, But Crypto is Here to Stay: Edward Snowden
18:43 Switzerland Green Lights World’s First Crypto ETP
21:43 Blockstream Launches Simplicity – Smart Contracts Language
25:09 AI Mistakes Ad On a Bus For an Actual CEO
27:16 Ion Drive: An Airplane With No Moving Parts
30:34 Better Bandage Promotes Powerful Healing
31:41 Join us on Telegram!
31:51 Bitcoin Price, Hashrate & Mining Network Dynamics
39:16 Privacy & Security: Joe Witnessed a Hack
57:13 Wrap Up
NOTE: Nothing, either in these show notes or in any FOMO Show podcast, written or verbal, express or implied, should be construed as financial, legal, tax or any other type of advice. Always perform your due diligence, research projects thoroughly and make sure you hold your private keys securely. Before investing in any project, always seek independent financial and legal advice. And remember – No FOMO.