This episode, we continue with our series on geopolitics and dive head-first into the region of Africa. We start by looking at the massive undersea cable operation Facebook and Google are currently implementing and the West African nations’ new single currency. Then we dig down into a slew of trends, investment data and projects that are currently underway in Africa. There’s a lot of exciting things going on in one of the world’s largest emerging economies, so we think you’ll get a lot from this.
We also cover our usual selection of news, from the world’s first ‘zero fiat’ Bitcoin bond to SpaceX’s crazy plan to make long-haul plane flights obsolete. Finally, in our Privacy and Security segment, we cover a great new tool which is designed to make encryption as easy as possible for everyday users.
Correction: Hyun Seo, creator of Magicpad is a current IBM employee, not an “Ex-IBM employee” as mentioned!
Visit us at:
Support the Show:
We’re trialling Bitpatron – similar to Patreon but for BTC. Feel free to donate here. We’ll have more extensive options soon.
You can also support us by signing up for Coinbase with our referral link.
- Only 1 in 10 people ‘get’ crypto
- World’s First Zero-Fiat ‘Bitcoin Bond’ Now Available on Bloomberg Terminal
- Millions Can’t Sell Their Cryptocurrencies Due to Minimum Limits
- Max Keiser: Altcoin Phenomenon Finished, Value Will Flow Into Bitcoin
- UK Regulators Approve First Cryptocurrency Hedge Fund
- Nestle Announces New Blockchain Initiative Separate From Ongoing IBM Project
- Video: When You Get Hacked
- SpaceX Starship Will Carry 1000 People Anywhere on Earth – Cost $500-2000
- Virgin Hyperloop One kicks off US road trip
- New electric cars in Europe have to make artificial noises
- Google and Facebook are circling Africa with huge undersea cables to get millions online
- West African Nations Unveil a New Single Currency Without Blockchain
- The 2015 African Investment Report
- UN Africa Report 2018
- 2016 Africa Investment Report
- Privacy & Security: MagicPad
- Encryption UX
00:01 Yes Minister Opens the Show
02:34 What We’ve Been Up To
11:09 News: Only 1 in 10 people ‘get’ crypto
15:30 World’s First Zero-Fiat ‘Bitcoin Bond’ Now Available on Bloomberg Terminal
17:44 Millions Can’t Sell Their Cryptocurrencies Due to Minimum Limits
21:59 News: Max Keiser Says Most of the Value will flow to Bitcoin
27:08 News: UK Regulators Approve First Cryptocurrency Hedge Fund
30:20 Nestle Announces New Blockchain Initiative Separate From Ongoing IBM Project
32:49 Video: When You Get Hacked
35:00 SpaceX Starship Will Carry 1000 People Anywhere on Earth – Cost $500-2000
40:16 Virgin Hyperloop One kicks off US road trip
43:26 New electric cars in Europe have to make artificial noises
45:43 Feature: Africa
1:13:57 Privacy and Security: Magicpad
1:18:03 Wrap Up
NOTE: Nothing, either in these show notes or in any FOMO Show podcast, written or verbal, express or implied, should be construed as financial, legal, tax or any other type of advice. Always perform your due diligence, research projects thoroughly and make sure you hold your private keys securely. Before investing in any project, always seek independent financial and legal advice. And remember – No FOMO.