We unpack the 2019 Internet Trends Report by Mary Meeker of Bondcap, a compendium of data-packed slides covering all the things you need to know about where the internet is right now — and how people are using it. From overall internet usage stats, through to social media usage, algorithm usage and eCommerce statistics, there’s lots of exciting data — particularly if you’re an entrepreneur looking for your next big idea.
In the news, the main topic of conversation is Facebook’s new “cryptocurrency”, Libra. It’s a controversial new stablecoin set to disrupt the financial services industry, with some interesting features and massive potential. We also cover Tesla’s Shanghai Gigafactory, which is starting to install production equipment, as well as their new high-range electric vehicle, with 620 miles of capacity in a single charge.
If you’re a founder or creator, this episode will be right up your alley. Thanks for joining us!
- [Intro Clip] The 5G Dragnet
- Facebook’s Digital Coin Announced
- Facebook Libra Github Shenanigans
- Bigger Than Russia – Bitcoin Now 8th Largest World Currency
- Europol will Teach Cryptocurrency Tracing to Law Enforcers with its Exclusive Game
- Tesla Gigafactory 3 builds up at incredible speed, already installing production equipment
- Episode 25 — When We First Discussed Gigafactory 3
- [Video] Gigafactory 3 Drone Overview
- 620 Mile (1000km) Roadster
- Iran seizes 1,000 Bitcoin mining machines after power spike
- Samsung Begins 6G Wireless Research Center
- Internet Trends 2019
- Up Bank
- [Browser Extension] HTTPS Everywhere
- Joe Rogan Experience Podcast — Bob Lazar
- Fortnite Concert Mentioned in Episode 38
- [Video] Internet Trends Report Presentation
- [Privacy & Security] Monitor by Firefox
- Have I Been Pwned?
0:00 James Corbett on the 5G Panopticon
1:15 Welcome to the Show!
2:25 What’ve We Been Up To?
6:05 Coinstorage Guru Giveaway
7:02 Blockchain Basics
7:19 Facebook’s Digital Coin Announced
18:03 Bitcoin Overtakes Russia in Size
19:14 Europol Teaching Crypto Tracing Through Game
21:30 Tesla Gigafactory 3 Already Installing Production Equipment
23:56 620 Mile (100km) Tesla Roadster
24:48 Iran Heating Up Following Attack on Boat
27:21 Samsung Develops 6G Wireless Research Centre
28:10 Feature: Internet Trends Report 2019
1:22:28 Privacy & Security: Firefox Monitor
1:24:30 Jordan Cronje Calls In
1:29:22 Thanks for Joining Us!
NOTE: Nothing, either in these show notes or in any FOMO Show podcast, written or verbal, express or implied, should be construed as financial, legal, tax or any other type of advice. Always perform your due diligence, research projects thoroughly and make sure you hold your private keys securely. Before investing in any project, always seek independent financial and legal advice. And remember – No FOMO.