We kick the decade off with an irreverent look at the last month of news. Kicking off with YouTube’s Christmas crypto purge, shifting into New Year Drone displays, and taking a hard brake alongside Craig Wright’s 2019 Bitcoin predictions.
The economy is fine, quantitative easing is just a bit of light entertainment, and China is building self-sustaining cities in the middle of Africa… All is well.
Nevertheless, drone deliveries are becoming a thing, an autonomous fighter jet is undergoing trials, and Segway are creating the dystopian utopia we’ve all been dreaming of.
Welcome back, and dive right in! ❤
Are you certain you’re private and safe online?
Check out our new resource at https://fomo.show/privacy — it’s a great repository of our favourite tools to understand and improve your online security.
New to cryptocurrency and blockchain tech?
Check out our blockchain basics series, which covers the fundamentals. It starts from Episode 2 and continues until Episode 8.
- [Intro] The Assassination of Soleimani: What You Need to Know
- [Intro] Roger Ver on Bitcoin vs War
- Elevation — Drone Documentary
- Bitcoin Times — Edition 2
- YouTube’s Crypto Xmas Purge
- Google’s Censorship Of Cryptocurrencies Goes Way Beyond YouTube
- Christmas Gift: Shenzhen Stock Exchange Launches Index of 50 Blockchain Firms
- Singapore Made NYE Virtual Clock With Drones
- Shanghai Pre-recorded NYE Drones
- CNBC: “Goldman Sachs is saying the economy is nearly recession-proof”
- Central banks to unleash billions as QE is rebooted
- Clarke & Dawe — Quantitative Easing
- China Is Building Enormous Self-Sustaining Chinese Cities All Over The African Continent
- The FOMO Show on China’s Belt & Road [Skip to 34m 7s]
- China Confirms Birth of Third Gene-edited Baby
- Deus Ex: The Visionary Game That Predicted the Future
- Google Adds Interpreter Mode for Real-Time Translations to Assistant on Phones
- U.S. Commercial Drone Deliveries Will Finally Be a Thing in 2020
- Elevation — Drone Documentary
- Boeing’s Autonomous Fighter Jet Will Fly Over the Australian Outback
- Okhotnik (“Hunter”) — Russia’s Autonomous Heavy Strike Drone
- Autonomous Ship Mayflower — Set to Sail in Sept?
- Segway’s New “Personal Transporter Pod” Looks Familiar
0:00 Intro: Soleimani, Iran, Bitcoin
3:11 What We’ve Been Up To
8:54 Privacy & Security + Bitcoin Basics
9:19 YouTube’s Christmas Purge
14:17 Shenzen Stock Exchange Launch Blockchain Index
15:43 Drones Becoming Big Part of NYE Fireworks
17:20 Dr Wrong? Jan 1st Craig Wright Update
20:29 Bitcoin Halving
23:13 CNBC: Goldman Say US Economy is Nearly Recession-Proof
24:21 Quantitative Easing Strikes Back
28:11 China Is Building Enormous Cities All Over Africa
35:17 China Confirms 3rd GM Baby Born
38:54 Google Launch Interpreter — Real-time Language Translation
40:54 Commercial Drone Deliveries – Heading for Mainstream?
44:19 Autonomous Boeing Fighter Jet Beta Testing in Australia
47:48 Autonomous Ship Mayflower — Set to Sail in Sept?
50:08 Segway’s New Wall-E-inspired Chair-Transport-Thing
55:44 Wrap Up
NOTE: Nothing, either in these show notes or in any FOMO Show podcast, written or verbal, express or implied, should be construed as financial, legal, tax or any other type of advice. Always perform your due diligence, research projects thoroughly and make sure you hold your private keys securely. Before investing in any project, always seek independent financial and legal advice. And remember – No FOMO.