In our final episode for 2019, we look at how our views have morphed since starting the show. Looking at blockchain technology, decentralisation, and specific cryptocurrencies, we take a shameful trip down memory lane.
On the way there, we catch up on the latest news from the last fortnight, including Nike’s brilliant “Cryptokicks” move, putting trainers on a blockchain, and we also discuss the world’s largest 3D printed structure.
We’ve had a blast recording this; enjoy, and see you in 2020!
Are you certain you’re private and safe online?
Check out our new resource at https://fomo.show/privacy — it’s a great repository of our favourite tools to understand and improve your online security.
New to cryptocurrency and blockchain tech?
Check out our blockchain basics series, which covers the fundamentals. It starts from Episode 2 and continues until Episode 8.
- Kat Williams Discusses an Agricultural Phenomenom
- [Book] The Hard Thing About Hard Things
- Our Interview with Aleks Svetski of Amber
- [Podcast / Audiobook] The Gulag Archipelago
- [Podcast] Hardcore History – WW1 (Part 1)
- Aaron Spehr’s Daily Email list for Professionals
- $8.9bn Moved in ONE HOUR on Bitcoin
- Nike Tokenizes Shoes on the Ethereum Blockchain
- Fidelity Employee Rewards Trialled on a Blockchain
- BRICS Talk Yet Again on Ditching USD and SWIFT
- Juniper: Blockchain + IOT = Major Savings for Food Industry
- Brave Browser Smashes Records
- Get Brave Browser here
- China 3d Prints Creek Wall — Biggest 3d Printed Structure in World
- EFF Explores Tech Behind Corporate Surveillance
- Secret Hacking: Kali Linux Introduces Sneaky Camouflage Windows Mode
- Jeff Berwick / Dollar Vigilante
- Aleks Svetski FOMO Show Episode
- The Bitcoin Standard
0:00 Kat Williams Discusses an Agricultural Phenomenom
0:43 What We’ll Be Talking About
2:17 What Have We Been Up To?
9:56 Privacy Tools & Blockchain Basics
10:31 $8.9bn Moved in ONE HOUR on Bitcoin
12:23 Nike Tokenizes Shoes on the Ethereum Blockchain
17:27 Fidelity Employee Rewards Trialled on a Blockchain
20:23 BRICS Talk Yet Again on Ditching USD and SWIFT
22:07 Blockchain Savings for Food Industry
24:33 Brave Browser Smashes Own Records
26:57 China Builds Biggest 3d Printed Structure in World
30:08 EFF Explores Tech Behind Corporate Surveillance
33:30 Pretend to be Using Windows While Hacking on Kali Linux
35:22 Feature: Crypto Then & Now
36:16 [Then & Now] Blockchain Technology
47:10 [Then & Now] Digital Currencies
55:52 [Then & Now] ICOs
56:53 [Then & Now] Decentralisation
1:00:10 [Then & Now] Specific Currencies
1:00:32 [Then & Now] Bitcoin
1:04:59 [Then & Now] Ethereum
1:06:20 [Then & Now] EOS
1:10:05 [Then & Now] PIVX
1:12:40 [Then & Now] Monero
1:14:18 [Then & Now] MIsc Crapcoins
1:15:27 Jordan Cronje Calls In
1:18:11 Wrap Up
NOTE: Nothing, either in these show notes or in any FOMO Show podcast, written or verbal, express or implied, should be construed as financial, legal, tax or any other type of advice. Always perform your due diligence, research projects thoroughly and make sure you hold your private keys securely. Before investing in any project, always seek independent financial and legal advice. And remember – No FOMO.