This week we look at the most exciting future tech news from the last month. It’s a whistle-stop tour featuring Australia’s plans for blockchain, Elon Musk’s views on crypto, dual-screen operating systems, supercharging video editing with AI, and SpaceX’s 2-rocket-per-week production plans.
If you’re excited about virtual or augmented reality, you’ll love the segment later in the show which cover’s Facebook’s ambitions for a 1:1 3D map of the world, VR tai-chi, and Bosch’s insane new smart glasses.
P.S. Amazon have patented a way of “whipping” things in to orbit, and it’s just as crazy as it sounds.
Thanks for listening!
Are you certain you’re private and safe online?
Check out our new resource at https://fomo.show/privacy — it’s a great repository of our favourite tools to understand and improve your online security.
New to cryptocurrency and blockchain tech?
Check out our blockchain basics series, which covers the fundamentals. It starts from Episode 2 and continues until Episode 8.
- [Intro] Ron Paul on Ending the Fed
- Silicon Valley — TV Show
- [Book] Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins
- David Goggins on Joe Rogan
- 12% of Forbes Top 50 Fintech Companies for 2020 are in Blockchain
- Australia Releases Below-Average Blockchain Roadmap
- The Bitcoin Psyop by James Corbett
- Samsung’s Galaxy S20 Will Have Crypto Support
- Elon Musk talks Crypto on the Third Row Tesla Podcast
- Google Dataset Search Out of Beta, Now Live
- Microsoft Introducing Dual-Screen Operating System
- Microsoft Surface Duo
- Graphene Amplifier Unlocks Terahertz Frequencies
- How AI Will Turn Us All Into Filmmakers
- Google’s AutoFlip: Open Source Framework for Intelligent Video Reframing
- Software Developers Rank as Top Tech Job — Hottest Jobs in Tech
- Bosch Debuts Mad Eye-Lasering Smartglasses at CES
- Facebook Buys AR Startup Building 1:1 Digital Map of the Physical World
- Hired: AR/VR Engineers Replace Blockchain Programmers as Hottest Commodity
- VR Guided Tai Chi on Oculus Rift
- Ultrasonic Bracelet Jams the Microphones Around You
- Huge Decline in Insects: According to Car “Splatometers”
- Food Supply is Growing Faster Than Population
- Tesla Building Battery Cell Manufacturing Line
- Musk Wants More Batteries
- Electric Fire Truck Sold to Los Angeles Fire Department
- Amazon Patented a System That Actually Whips Stuff Into Orbit
- SpaceX Plans Starship Gigafactories to Introduce the Hypersonic Age
0:00 Ron Paul on “Alternative Financial Systems” (#EndTheFed)
3:07 What We’ll Be Covering This Episode
3:33 What’ve We Been Up To?
6:54 Privacy & Security and Blockchain Basics
7:26 12% of Forbes Top 50 Fintech Companies for 2020 are in Blockchain
8:46 Australia Releases Below-Average Blockchain Roadmap
15:04 Samsung’s S20 to Support Crypto… Yawn
15:54 Musk Talks Crypto
19:23 Google Dataset Search Now Live
21:11 Microsoft Introducing Dual-Screen Operating System
24:15 Graphene Amplifier Unlocks Terahertz Frequencies
26:13 How AI Will Turn Us All Into Filmmakers
30:06 Google’s Autoflip: Intelligent Aspect Ratio Reframing
31:27 Software Developer Ranks as Top Tech Job
33:06 VR / AR News
33:11 Bosch Debuts Mad Eye-Lasering Smartglasses at CES
36:13 Facebook Acquires Company Building 1:1 Model of the World
37:30 Google Maps AR Discussion
40:51 AR / VR Engineers Replacing Blockchain Programmers as Hottest Commodity
42:42 VR Tai Chi
44:42 Privacy News
44:44 Ultrasonic Bracelet Jams the Microphones Around You
46:35 General World News
46:39 Huge Decline in Insects: According to Car “Splatometers”
49:05 World Food Supply Growing Faster Than Population
50:45 Transport News
50:51 Tesla Building Battery Cell Factory
54:13 Electric Fire Truck Sold to Los Angeles Fire Department
56:33 Amazon Patents System That Whips Stuff Into Orbit
58:38 SpaceX Plans Starship Gigafactories to Introduce the Hypersonic Age
1:01:52 Wrap Up
NOTE: Nothing, either in these show notes or in any FOMO Show podcast, written or verbal, express or implied, should be construed as financial, legal, tax or any other type of advice. Always perform your due diligence, research projects thoroughly and make sure you hold your private keys securely. Before investing in any project, always seek independent financial and legal advice. And remember – No FOMO.