This week, we’re discussing a few spots of bother in the world right now: The Coronavirus Pandemic, Market Mayhem, and Oil.
More importantly, we talk about life during recent financial crises around the world, how central bankers might crack down on cash, and smart ways to stay protected and calm through a media-fuelled crisis.
It’s never been more critical to keep calm and avoid the FOMO — thanks for listening!
Are you certain you’re private and safe online?
Check out our new resource at https://fomo.show/privacy — it’s a great repository of our favourite tools to understand and improve your online security.
New to cryptocurrency and blockchain tech?
Check out our blockchain basics series, which covers the fundamentals. It starts from Episode 2 and continues until Episode 8.
- V for Vendetta Introduces the Show
- Doctor: “This is the most frightening disease I’ve ever encountered in my career.”
- The whole of Italy is in lockdown
- Concern about potential food riots
- 290 Million Students Around The World Face Weeks At Home
- Wuhan Students Get Homework Software Banned From App Store By Spamming It With One Star Ratings
- Store Shelves Across The World Are Emptying Fast
- Australian Women Brawl Over Roll Of Toilet Paper
- UK and US stock markets suffer worst day since 2008
- Russia Just Told the World, “No.”
- Market Massacre: Oil Crashes 30%, VIX Explodes As S&P Craters Limit Down
- The Fed Panicked, and Its Rate Cut Is Making the Economy Worse
- Keiser Report: Painting Pandemic
- Greek Debt Crisis
- Cypriot Financial Crisis
- Argentina’s 2019 Crisis
- Australia’s economy is a house of cards
- IMF Paper on Cracking Down on Cash / Implementing Negative Interest Rates
- [Book] Rich Dad Poor Dad
- Amber: Bitcoin Purchasing App for Australians
- Panic Buying vs Stockpiling
- Samourai Wallet
- Wasabi Wallet
- Lloyds of London doubles down on Bitcoin wallet insurance
- New Google Chrome extension gives access to ‘uncensorable’ websites
0:00 V for Vendetta Introduces the Show
0:25 Welcome to the Show!
0:57 What We’re Talking About
1:39 Disclosure / Disclaimer
2:05 What’ve We Been Up To?
3:57 Privacy & Security, and Blockchain Basics
4:23 Feature: The Perfect Storm
13:31 Citizen X Leaves a Voicemail
15:18 World Markets
17:04 Oil Markets / OPEC+
25:17 Dan Dan the ICO Man
26:11 Max Keiser on the Current Situation
29:07 Should We Be Panicking?
31:02 What Happens During a Financial Crisis? Exploring Recent History
35:06 Greek Debt Crisis
43:34 Cypriot Financial Crisis
47:05 Argentina’s Perma-Crisis
50:39 Negative Interest Rates
1:04:01 Peace of Mind During a Panic
1:22:24 Good News
1:22:28 Lloyds of London Offering Insurance for Exchange Hot Wallets
1:25:46 Chrome Extension Helps Access ‘Uncensorable’ Websites
1:27:51 Wrap Up
NOTE: Nothing, either in these show notes or in any FOMO Show podcast, written or verbal, express or implied, should be construed as financial, legal, tax or any other type of advice. Always perform your due diligence, research projects thoroughly and make sure you hold your private keys securely. Before investing in any project, always seek independent financial and legal advice. And remember – No FOMO.