This episode, we sit down with Jason Lee and Jian Chan from NEM in Melbourne’s Blockchain Centre for a wide ranging discussion about the blockchain platform. From current projects to future plans, you’ll hear all about why NEM has carved a sizeable niche in the distributed ledger market.
While we’re at it, we cover a broad range of news, including a number of interesting developments in the world of Artificial Intelligence. We’ve also introduced a dedicated ‘Crypto Update’, and this week we touch on DASH, Tendermint Cosmos, EOS and Blockgrain.
To top it all off, we highlight Cryptowat.ch and check in with our intrepid reporter Jordan Cronje, who is on assignment researching gambling coins…
0:00 Berlitz German Coastguard Ad Introduces the Show
1:52 Be a part of the show!
2:01 What’ve we been up to?
2:03 Brisbane’s Inaugural Blockchain for Business Meetup
5:29 Blockchain Basics
5:47 Waymo to Launch Autonomous Taxi Service This Year
7:40 Port of Brisbane to Adopt Blockchain Tech
9:48 IBM: AI Could Get 100x More Efficient With Hardware Synapses
13:22 Coinbase Launch Index Fund For Big Investors
13:57 Chinese TV Channel Dedicates 1hr to The Blockchain
14:56 Chinese State using RFID to Track Car Movements
15:59 Boring Company Win Chicago Transit Project
17:55 uSense Debut Mobile Skeletal Tracking SDK
19:40 Send Us Your News Stories!
20:18 Crypto Update
20:30 EOS Mainnet Launch
24:10 Dash Evolution
27:20 Cosmos Network
29:43 Cool Tool: Cryptowat.ch
30:24 Hamish & Andy: Jack Celebrates Losing Money on Bitcoin
31:25 NEM Australia Interview
1:10:10 Jordan Cronje’s Gambling Research
- Join our Telegram
- Brisbane Blockchain for Business Meetup
- WordPress Gutenberg
- Waymo “Self-Driving Transportation Service” To Launch This Year
- Port of Brisbane Unveils Blockchain System
- AI could get 100 times more energy-efficient with IBM’s new artificial synapses
- Lobe: Craft AI tools without typing a line of code
- Coinbase Index Fund Launches for Big Investors
- China’s Surveillance State is using RFID to track cars’ movements
- Elon Musk’s Boring Company Wins Chicago High-Speed Transit Contract
- Boring Company Chicago Project
- uSens Debuts AI-based 3D Skeletal Hand Tracking SDK for Smartphones
- Dash Evolution
- Cosmos Network
- Cosmos Community Update
- Becoming a Cosmos Validator
- [Video] Hamish & Andy: Jack Celebrates Losing Money on Bitcoin
- NEM Australia on Twitter
- Microsoft Azure – Blockchain Services
NOTE: Nothing, either in these show notes or in any FOMO Show podcast, written or verbal, express or implied, should be construed as financial, legal, tax or any other type of advice. Always perform your due diligence, research projects thoroughly and make sure you hold your private keys securely. Before investing in any project, always seek independent financial and legal advice. And remember – No FOMO.