This episode, we travel around the world (in our minds) and check in on some cutting-edge national innovations. From Liberland adopting the world’s first government on a blockchain to China’s massive One Belt, One Road project (which is revitalising or creating entirely new ports around the world), there is some incredible things going on that aren’t getting covered much in world news.
We check in on a few aspect of Bitcoin, from the sparkly new website to how it tracks against many other major stocks, indexes and commodities in the world. We also look at the latest in VR and AR, and deal with the usual slew of updates out of Elon Musk’s many projects – including brain computer interfaces, ‘full’ self driving and internet-beaming satellites.
Finally, we look at a great tool for your two-factor authentication called Authy, which allows you to keep access to your tokens across devices. No more worrying about losing your phone!
Visit us at:
Support the Show
We’re trialling Bitpatron – similar to Patreon but for BTC. Feel free to donate here. We’ll have more extensive options soon.
- Intro Youtube Video – US Senate Hearing into Digital Currency
- CointrorageGuru – Safewords
- At some point in June 2018, Bitcoin.org redesigned their site… and it’s great!
- Bitcoin.org site video
- Forbes Releases List of Billion Dollar Companies Using Blockchain
- One of World’s Biggest Travel Companies is Now Accepting Bitcoin
- Moon Enables Lightning Network Payments on Amazon
- Bitcoin Already Outperforming Nasdaq, S&P 500 and Gold in 2019
- [Speculation] Is Nasdaq about to introduce Bitcoin?
- French Lender Societe Generale Issues $112 Million Bond on Ethereum
- Liberland Initiates Decentralized Autonomous Government With EOSIO
- Indian Government Mulling Blanket Ban on Cryptocurrencies
- Second Belt and Road forum in Beijing attended by world leaders
- Iran, Iraq, Syria considering transnational railway project
- Bit by Bit, AR and VR Have Entered Reality
- Sony reveals the PS5, a massive upgrade to PlayStation 4’s hardware
- Elon Musk: Brain-Computer Interface Update “Coming Soon”
- “Full” Self Driving
- Tesla says robotaxis coming to U.S. roads next year
- Robotaxi Video
- SpaceX Astronaut Vehicle Exploded During Engine Test
- FCC approves SpaceX’s plans to fly internet-beaming satellites in a lower orbit
- Authy – Persistent 2FA
00:00 Opening: What is Bitcoin?
01:06 Intro and What’s on the Episode
02:02 What we’ve been up to
04:09 Giveaway – Coinstorage Guru Safewords Giveaway
06:41 Blockchain Basics
07:41 News: Bitcoin.org’s New Website
09:09 News: Forbes Blockchain Company List
12:29 News: Travel Companies Accept Bitcoin
14:35 News: Bitcoin dominates most other markets
16:45 News: Nasdaq offers BTC?
18:29 News: Societe Generale issues $102m bond on Ethereum
20:00 News: Liberland Initiating Decentralised Autonomous Government
22:47 News: Indian Government Mulls Blanket Crypto Ban
25:23 China’s Belt & Road Forum
30:01 News: Iran, Iraq and Syria’s Train Network
30:42 News: AR & VR Enter Mainstream
33:21 News: Sony Reveals PS5
36:36 Elon Musk Updates
45:07 Privacy and Security: Authy
49:09 Wrap Up
NOTE: Nothing, either in these show notes or in any FOMO Show podcast, written or verbal, express or implied, should be construed as financial, legal, tax or any other type of advice. Always perform your due diligence, research projects thoroughly and make sure you hold your private keys securely. Before investing in any project, always seek independent financial and legal advice. And remember – No FOMO.