This episode, we cover a broad range of topics from across the world of Bitcoin, emergent technology and geopolitics. To start with, we look at why Andreas Antonopoulos, the author of Mastering Bitcoin and The Internet of Money has refused to come to Australia due to the search and seizure laws. We then peer into China’s new digital currency measures and how they stack up against the rest of the world.
After that, we dig into the recent Libra announcement and talk about the regulatory actions and comments made by several governments in response. Even JP Morgan joins in on the fun! We also look at a recent ‘blockchain NBA contract’ and the oil shenanigans going on in Saudi Arabia.
Finally, we cover some Privacy and Security tips and check in with Jordan, who’s managed to find himself in yet another awkward situation.
Visit us at:
Are you certain you’re private and safe online? Check out our new resource at https://fomo.show/privacy — it’s a great repository of our favourite tools to understand and improve your online security.
New to cryptocurrency and blockchain tech? Check out our blockchain basics series, which covers the fundamentals. It starts from Episode 2 and continues until Episode 8.
- Bitcoin Rap Battle
- The Bitcoin Standard – Saidedean Ammous
- Bitcoin expert cancels Aussie trip due to encryption law jail threat
- Andreas Youtube Clip
- [Opinion] Wake up, US Federal Reserve! China just showed how digital currency is done
- Following: Central Banks Met With Libra Founders in Switzerland
- JPMorgan Warns Stablecoins Like Libra At Risk From Negative Yields, Creating “System Gridlock”
- NBA star turning his Brooklyn Nets contract into a blockchain tokenized bond
- Oil Jumps the Most Ever After Attack Cuts Saudi Arabian Supplies
- Interesting question raised in the Jerusalem Post: what happened to Saudi Air Defense?
00:00 The Great Murray Rothbard Opens the Show
02:13 What we’ve been up to
05:00 Not Investment Advice
05:21 Our New Privacy Page
05:51 News: Bitcoin Expert Cancels Australain Trip
10:00 Opinion: China’s Crypto
20:56 News: Central Banks have met with Libra Founders in Switzerland
26:26 News: Watch out, JP Morgan ‘warns’ about Libra
31:41 News: NBA Star Tokenises Contract
35:59 News: ‘Attack’ cuts Saudi Arabian Oil Supplies
45:01 Privacy and Security – Maildrop
47:28 Jordan Cronje
51:46 Wrap Up
NOTE: Nothing, either in these show notes or in any FOMO Show podcast, written or verbal, express or implied, should be construed as financial, legal, tax or any other type of advice. Always perform your due diligence, research projects thoroughly and make sure you hold your private keys securely. Before investing in any project, always seek independent financial and legal advice. And remember – No FOMO.