We take an irreverent look at the last fortnight of news, including a crypto bank which recently floated on the NYSE, and Her Majesty’s take on cryptocurrency.
There’s also a discussion on two interesting pieces about Uber — one a genius financial services move; the other discussing Uber’s self-driving car SNAFU.
4/10 would listen again.
Are you certain you’re private and safe online? Check out our new resource at https://fomo.show/privacy — it’s a great repository of our favourite tools to understand and improve your online security.
New to cryptocurrency and blockchain tech? Check out our blockchain basics series, which covers the fundamentals. It starts from Episode 2 and continues until Episode 8.
- Trust me, I’m a doctor
- Follow Matt on LinkedIn
- [Book] LinkedIn Riches Book by John Nemo
- [Book] The LinkedIn Playbook by Adam Houlahan
- Crypto Bank Silvergate Debuts on the NYSE
- UK Tax Authority on Cryptocurrency
- Bank of China’s Insurance Blockchain Stuff
- Samsung’s Mobile-compatible dApp SDK
- California Beer Maker Prints “Epstein Didn’t Kill Himself” On Beer Cans
- Uber’s Exciting Move into Financial Services
- Computers Can Beat Basically Any StarCraft II Player
- Australian Tech Could Help California in Wildfire Crisis
- Uber’s Self-Driving Car Didn’t Realise Humans Existed Outside Zebra Crossings
- London’s First Electric Cab in Over 120 Years
0:00 Trust me, I’m a doctor
0:50 Welcome! Here’s what we’re covering this episode
2:11 What we’ve been up to
8:29 Privacy Tools & Blockchain Basics
9:24 Silvergate pops 6% in NYSE debut
11:39 The Queen Decides on Crypto
15:19 Bank of China Rolls out Insurance Blockchain
17:59 Samsung’s Mobile dApp SDK
22:29 California’s New Beer Sensation
25:00 Uber Money is Uber Money
30:55 AI Makes Starcraft Players Pointless
33:07 Australian Tech Could Help California in Wildfire Crisis
38:39 Uber’s Self-Driving Car Didn’t Realise Humans Existed in Some Places
42:15 London Cabs Join 21st Century (first Electric Cab in 120 years)
NOTE: Nothing, either in these show notes or in any FOMO Show podcast, written or verbal, express or implied, should be construed as financial, legal, tax or any other type of advice. Always perform your due diligence, research projects thoroughly and make sure you hold your private keys securely. Before investing in any project, always seek independent financial and legal advice. And remember – No FOMO.