We’re back with an excitement-filled 64th episode, starting off with a great discussion about a leading hedge fund manager announcing a bullish entrance to Bitcoin.
Taking a quick segue to discuss Facebook’s regulatory faceplant with Libra, we move quickly on — to chat about what’s going on in the tech world.
There have been some exciting advances in VR meeting technology, self-evolving AI algorithms, Neuralink human trials, and an impending future with a sky full of space stations.
Strap yourself in — we’re getting FOMO.
- “In These Uncertain Times” Commercial
- Hedge Fund Billionaire Paul Tudor Jones is Leading Investors Into Bitcoin
- Coinbase: Bitcoin Is Superior to Gold
- ICYMI: Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency Killed itself
- Episode 57 • Our First Coverage of Libra — Skip to 7m 20s
- 1,000 Wrapped Bitcoin Were Minted on Ethereum
- Episode 4 • Smart Contract Example — Skip to 49m 42s
- Meetings in VR
- Episode 23 • The Real Estate Company in VR — Skip to 14m 22s
- Nuendo — Virtual Reality Immersive Sound Software
- Magic Leap, Famed AR Startup Fires Half Their Staff
- Episode 60 • What’s Next for Gaming
- Google Testing AI that Can Evolve On Its Own
- Elon Musk: Neuralink Will Do Human Brain Implant in “Less Than a Year”
- Episode 49 • Neuralink (16m through) & Silk Road
- Privacy Resources
- SpaceX to offer Starlink public beta in September
- Tesla Patents New Battery Cell “Way More Important Than It Sounds”
- Scientists Create Jet Engine Powered By Only Electricity
- World’s First 3D-Printed Hypercar, Czinger 21C
- A Sky Full of Starships
0:00 “In These Uncertain Times”
1:13 What We’ll Be Talking About This Episode
2:12 Better Late Than Never?
3:48 What We’ve Been Up To
9:06 Paul Tudor Jones Jumps into Bitcoin
15:58 Coinbase: Bitcoin Superior to Gold
17:51 Facebook’s Libra Effectively Killed Itself
19:13 1000 Wrapped Bitcoin Minted on Ethereum
24:31 Virtual Reality Meetings
29:33 Audio Production for VR
32:56 Magic Leap Goes Bust
35:21 Google Developing Self-Evolving AI
37:57 Citizen X on Neuralink
39:57 Starlink Public Beta Coming September
43:25 Tesla’s New Battery Cell
44:37 Jet Engines Powered by Electricity
46:42 3d Printed Hypercar
50:15 Shout Outs
50:29 Looking Forwards: A Sky Full of Starships
55:46 Wrap Up
NOTE: Nothing, either in these show notes or in any FOMO Show podcast, written or verbal, express or implied, should be construed as financial, legal, tax or any other type of advice. Always perform your due diligence, research projects thoroughly and make sure you hold your private keys securely. Before investing in any project, always seek independent financial and legal advice. And remember – No FOMO.